Good Wednesday afternoon friends and neighbors. I have been awarded the: by my blogging friend Jillian at How To Be Myself. Since I am accepting the award, I now have to follow these guidelines:
1. Post 11 things about myself
2. Answer questions Jillian had posed to me
3. Choose 11 people and link them to my post (I hope I can do that)
4. Go to their page and tell them
5. No tag backs … Oh come on Jillian that was going to be fun. Oh poooh.
OK now for the easy part: (Or at least I think its easy);
1. Jillian had to Google the word Liebster I knew what it meant my husband was in Army for 21 years spent 9 years in Germany.
2. I have visited Canada, Mexico, Germany, France, Italy, Austria, Switzerland plus 39 of 50 states.
3. I was married at 17 it’s been almost 42 years
4. I am oldest of 8
5. My husband and I love to travel on our Honda Goldwing trike
6. I love to camp we have a pop up camper for the bike and a RV
7. My 2nd car was a 1965 Mustang that was in 1974
8. I am Catholic
9. I am of Irish and Polish decent my favorite joke for me is “I get mad easy but then I forget why”.
10. I was a brunette and my husband is a blonde, we have 2 red head daughters
11. I was born in Ohio, raised in Michigan now live in Oklahoma.
Yeah me I breezed through that.
OK now for Jillian’s questions:
1. Do you want kids? If you already have them, did you always know you wanted them?
Being Catholic the question wasn’t…do you want kids? It was ” How many?” and were we going to risk the chance of excommunication by practicing any type of birth control. My husband was 3rd youngest of 10 and his parents had been excommunicated for practicing permanent birth control in the late 50’s. We decided on 2 and have 2 beautiful daughters and 4 fantastic grandkids.
2. How did you choose your blog name?
It is my business name. I hate being super serious. I’m retired and want to have fun. If I’m not going to enjoy what I’m doing then I’m not going to do it. I have a bit of a funny bone and I hated the business world for making me feel cold hearted.
3. Do you have any pets?
Yes! Sadie blue healer/ sheltie mix is my constant companion.
4. Do “I” think it’s smart to blog on a set schedule?
For me yes! I was used to schedules and deadlines in the business world. It was how I performed. I had certain tasks that had to be accomplished in order for things to continue flowing. Even though I’m retired it was such a part of me for so long that “old habits” are hard to break. I make schedules. I’m on Facebook for so long, I bead or craft for a while, certain amount of housework, etc. etc.
5. What do you think your best feature is?
My hands, to be quite honest I have always liked my hands. They are petit and straight. But they are also my tools for my craft. I take care of them. They are starting to show some aging what with some wwrinkles and more defined freckles. Arthritis in both thumbs. A few calluses around the knuckles of my dominant hand, but other than that they are holding up better than other parts of me.
6. How do I feel about IPhones?
I don’t have a clue….never owned one probably never will! Now if you meant smart phones in general rather than IPhone specific… this blog is being done off my smart phone a Motorola Droid Turbo. I also have a tablet I use too but battery is low. Why do I like them? Easy take anywhere, do anything, bye bye computer.
7. Do you have a recurring dream?
No I don’t. As a child I had nightmares, but I no longer remember what they were about. My husband says I mumble in my sleep sometimes??? Sometimes I do remember what I dream but its always different.
8. What’s the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
Nearly drown! My grandparents took me to Niagara Falls for my 13th birthday. They also bought me my first watch. When we got to hotel, I put on my bathing suit, ran and jumped into pool. I forgot I had my watch on and just as I hit water remembered and panicked. I was in deep end. I forgot how to swim. I went under. Someone pulled me out. To this day I do NOT go in water over my head.
9. What’s “my” favorite television show?
I don’t watch to much TV I am hearing impaired and it makes it hard to follow even with closed captioning. But I would have to say probably the “NCIS” programs are the ones I like best.
10. Do “I” work out?
No… Should I? I can’t much. 2 car accidents injured my back years ago I now have arthritis in my middle spine and a sciatic nerve in my lower back. What am I supposed to do? Water exercises! See answer to question number 8!
11. Do you believe in astrology?
I read my horoscope each morning in the paper. I laugh when it fits, frown when I think its stupid. But I would never deny another person their right to their beliefs. I read Greek mythology story’s as a history of our world. The Danes, the Celts, the Romans all had their gods and sub gods that formed their lives. I have my God. He forms my life.
I am going to have to make this a 2 part as I have been at it for the better part of two hours now and I’ve got a schedule to keep to. Teehee No really I need to show a peek into what I’m working on this week.
There are 2 projects on board both going pretty good. The first one is my 1st out in my shop.
So until Friday my friends today has been a long one thanks for sticking with me.